Step 1 – Starting Out
What you should have experience of, and participated in, at a minimum, before you begin your own teaching journey.
Please note that if you can’t answer yes to all of the following questions, you are not currently eligible to begin your teaching journey with the OMC. You can find out about enrolling on our 8 week/5 day MBCT courses here, and there are lots of resources on personal practice here.
- Your own practice – Do you have a regular personal mindfulness practice?
- Your own learning – Have you taken part in a structured face to face 8-week/5 day MBCT programme?
- Who do you want to teach – Do you have knowledge and experience of who you would like to teach MBCT?
- What is your prior learning – Do you have experience/awareness of mental health issues?
- Your skills – do you have experience of facilitating groups?
If you are interested in applying for the Masters programme, please note additional academic entry criteria apply.