Mindfulness-based interventions in the workplace: The role of theory, science and research
Willem Kuyken and Silke Rupprecht
How long is the Masterclass?
One Day 9.30 am - 4.30 pm
Who is the Masterclass for?
Where is the Masterclass?
How many people on each Masterclass?
Up to 60
How much does the Masterclass cost?
£130 (including Lunch)
26th Oct 2018
This masterclass will examine case studies of workplace mindfulness programmes: What are the objectives? Who is it for? How can mindfulness trainings be best delivered and scaled (digital vs. live) and how does that impact programme quality and outcomes?
This will provide delegates with a map of how mindfulness practices in organizational settings can support change. The day will include an overview of some of the key research in the field of mindfulness in the workplace and support delegates in critiquing this evidence base.
Finally, the masterclass will overview evaluation approaches to assessing the impact of any intervention in workplace settings.
Who are Willem Kuyken and Silke Rupprecht
Willem is a Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Oxford, and Director of the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. He is a research clinical psychologist, and his work is focussed on mood disorders and their evidence-based approaches. His research and teaching focus primarily on mindfulness-based approaches, compassion and individualizing evidence-based therapies through collaborative case conceptualization.
Silke Rupprecht is a Postdoc at the Medical Centre for Mindfulness at Radboud University in Nijemegen and works on a consultant basis for the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. Her research focuses on the effectiveness of mindfulness-based interventions in workplace settings, the feasibility of new interventions and different modes of delivery. She is trained in MBSR and .b Foundations and has helped develop a mindfulness app for workplace settings.
Core Days for the Mindfulness in the Workplace Programme
- Nurturing Work Cultures for People and Performance – 24th March 2017 or 26 January 2018
- Positioning Mindfulness in the Workplace – 25th May 2017 or 23 March 2018
- Teaching Methods for Mindfulness in the Workplace – 27th June 2017 or 27 April 2018
- Embedding Mindfulness in the Workplace – 21st July 2017 or 29 June 2018
- Optimising Social, Environmental and Cultural Change – 27th October 2017 or 28th September 2018
- The Role of Theory, Science and Research – 24th November 2017 or 26th October 2018