Foundational Training in teaching MBCT
How long is the course?
How often do we meet?
28 days (over 11 months)
Who is the course for?
Preparing practitioners to teach MBCT
Where is the course?
Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Kellogg College, 62 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6PN
How many people on the course?
How much does the course cost?
Dr Maret Dymond
Is the course for me?
The aim of the course is to provide a solid platform for developing your teaching further. The course is suitable for those who have completed Step 1 of the Training Pathway and who are able and willing to work towards the UK Network of Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations Good Practice Guidelines. The training is suitable for both clinicians and for those aiming to teach in a non-clinical setting.
What will I learn?
The Foundational training course synergises our research and knowledge of the evidence base, with our ability to innovate clinically and our training expertise, to provide a unique and high-quality training in how to begin to teach MBCT.
Foundational Training in Teaching MBCT Course Details
The course consists of 28 days held across three terms from September until July. The following elements are included:
- A five-day experiential MBCT course for all participants with the intention of developing a shared understanding of mindfulness meditation as taught in MBCT and in order to strengthen / deepen personal practice
- Seven expert-led teaching days focusing upon core areas such as facilitating enquiry, leading practices, Buddhist Psychology etc
- Termly one-to-one mentoring sessions
- Discussion, reflection and contemplation practice
- A four-day silent retreat
- 8 days of teaching practice – first in pairs, then in groups
- Experiential exploration of working with group dynamics using a forum-theatre approach
- A formative assessment of competency using the Mindfulness-Based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC)to provide individual feedback on teaching strengths and areas for skill development
To complete the Foundations Course in Teaching MBCT you will need to:
- attend a minimum of 80% of the teaching days
- commit to continuing a daily formal and informal mindfulness meditation practice
- complete a daily reflective journal of your experiences of personal mindfulness practice
How do I apply?
Applications are not yet open for 2018 – 2019. Further details will be posted in early November 2017.
Applications will only be taken by completion of an on-line application form.
Prepare for your application using this Practice Application form 2017.
Please read our Terms and Conditions, including cancellation policy
Course application dates 2018 Entry
Applications open: Monday 6th November 2017
Applications close: Friday 26th January 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 6th March 2018
Offers made: Thursday 29th March 2018
Confirm acceptance: Friday 27th April 2018
Payment in full: Friday 29th June 2018