Foundational Training in teaching MBCT
Foundational training details
How long is the course?
Between 22.5 - 24.5 days over one academic year (TBC)
Who is the course for?
People who meet the prerequisites and are interested in learning to teach MBCT
Where is the course?
How many people on the course?
Up to 26
How much does the course cost?
Applications for this course are now closed.
Is the course for me?
The aim of the course is to provide a solid platform for developing your teaching further. The course is suitable for those who have completed the prerequisites of the Training Pathway and who are able and willing to work towards the UK Network of Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations Good Practice Guidelines. The training is suitable for both clinicians and for those aiming to teach in a non-clinical setting.
What will I learn?
The Foundational training course synergises our research and knowledge of the evidence base, with our ability to innovate clinically and our training expertise, to provide a unique and high-quality training in how to begin to teach MBCT.
The course consists of 22.5 – 24.4 days (TBC) held across three terms from October until July. See here for example dates. The following elements are included:
- A four-day experiential MBCT course for all participants with the intention of developing a shared understanding of mindfulness meditation as taught in MBCT and in order to strengthen / deepen personal practice
- Expert-led teaching days focusing upon core areas such as facilitating enquiry, leading practices, Buddhist Psychology etc
- Termly one-to-one mentoring sessions
- Discussion, reflection and contemplation practice
- A silent retreat
- Teaching practice with peers – first in pairs, then in groups
- Experiential exploration of working with group dynamics using a forum-theatre approach
- A formative assessment of competency using the Mindfulness-Based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC)to provide individual feedback on teaching strengths and areas for skill development
- Formal MBI-TAC Assessment within 3 years of course completion
To complete the Foundations Course in Teaching MBCT you will need to:
- attend a minimum of 80% of the course and all of the Foundational Masterclasses
- commit to continuing a daily formal and informal mindfulness meditation practice
- complete a daily reflective journal of your experiences of personal mindfulness practice
How do I apply for Foundational Training in Teaching MBCT – Fortnightly Format 2019-2020?
Complete the application form by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button above.
Applications open: 15th October 2018
Applications close: 15th April 2019
Please read our Terms and Conditions, including cancellation policy.