Working with Groups Masterclass (Portugal)
Maret Dymond and Marion Furr
How long is the Masterclass?
One Day 9.30am - 5.30pm
Who is the Masterclass for?
Teachers of MBCT and those training to teach
Where is the Masterclass?
Av. da Boavista 4245, 4100-140 Porto, Portugal
How many people on this masterclass?
up to 30
How much does this Masterclass cost?
Teaching Fee: 180€ + VAT (23%) = 221,40€
Working with groups in Mindfulness-Based Interventions
26th September 2019
What is this Masterclass about?
MBCT is a group programme, and therefore it is important that teachers acquire both the knowledge and skills to work with groups. In the workshop, we will focus on:
- Understanding how a group develops – beginning, middle and ending.
- The importance of building a sense of community, by creating a warm, supportive group environment – emphasising the common humanity and universal vulnerability.
- Learning how to skilfully work with group processes and dynamics – how do we ‘hold’ the group whilst group processes/challenges/dynamics are going on?
- Exploring ‘more or less’ skilful ways of working with group process – no ‘one right way’.
- The role of the teacher in the group as an integral member
The day will offer opportunities for both theoretical and experiential learning. It will include some didactic teaching and small group work. We will practice teaching, using a variety of scenarios – exploring challenges and dynamics commonly present in most groups.
Who is it for?
You are eligible for this training day if:
• You are actively working on the OMC’s MBCT teacher training pathway and have completed any of the modules, for example: an MBCT course as a participant, a silent retreat, or training days devoted to practice teaching in pairs or groups.
• You are a mindfulness teacher who is already teaching mindfulness-based interventions and you wish to increase your knowledge of these topics.