MBCT is recommended by the UK’s National Institute of Clinical Excellence and is as effective as drugs for preventing depression. But, more importantly, it also works for the rest of us who are struggling to keep up with the constant demands of the modern world.
The OMC now offers an 8-week MBCT programme for the general public. Each course takes a maximum of 25 people. You must be aged 18 years or over to take this course.
The programme consists of 8 x 2-hour group sessions, where there will be guided experiential practice and some theoretical teachings. In between sessions, there will be home practice for people to do and we estimate this takes approximately 1 hour/day. Each participant will receive guided meditation CD’s and written handouts. There is also an “all-day” practice lead as part of each programme.
View more information about the 8 week MBCT course.
Our 2014 courses are now fully booked.
We will release dates and open booking for 2015 courses in early September 2014. Thank you for your patience, we know how keen you all are!
Programmes take place in the evenings and run from 6.00pm – 8.00pm, unless otherwise stated. The “all-day” Saturday is from 10:00am – 4:00pm (coffee from 9:30am).
Dates for 2014
January – March
- January 13 – March 3 (Mondays) *Day course 10am – 12noon! “All-day” Saturday February 22 -Fully booked-
- January 22 – March 12 (Wednesdays)”All-day” Saturday March 1 -Fully booked-
- February 4 – March 25 (Tuesdays) “All-day” Saturday March 15 -Fully booked-
April – July
- April 30 – June 18 (Wednesdays) “All-day” Saturday June 7 -Fully booked-
- May 6 – June 24 (Tuesdays) “All-day” Saturday June 14 -Fully booked-
- June 9 – July 28 (Mondays) “All-day” Saturday July 19 -Fully booked-
September – November
- September 8 – October 27 (Mondays) “All-day” Saturday Oct 18 -Fully booked-
- September 24 – Nov 12 (Wednesdays) “All-day” Saturday Nov 1 -Fully booked-
If you wish to cancel your booking we will refund your fee, with a deduction of £20 to pay for administration, if you let us know 21 days or more before the workshop takes place. If you are not able to give us 21 days notice, we will not be able to give you a refund.
If you have questions about the classes please see our FAQs page.
If you have another query not answered on our site or would like to speak to someone about this programme before registering then please contact us.