Summer School Bursaries
We have offered 5 places at the OMC Summer School 2017 through a competitive application, review and selection process. These funded places are for people who can demonstrate that they will use the Summer School experience to widen access and participation in MBCT.
Information about the Summer School.
The deadline for applications has now passed.
All applications have been evaluated on the following criteria:
- Can demonstrate commitment to widening access to MBCT, ideally evidenced with a track record.
- Is in a position to offer MBCT to populations and in contexts where there are barriers to access. E.g. in areas of deprivation or specialist groups with limited funding.
- Has suitable training for working with and experience of this population/context.
- Does not have funding from their employer, a grant or elsewhere and would otherwise be self-funding.
- Is able to meet the Good Practice Guidelines to be listed as an MBCT teacher, or are eligible to be listed, and are considering applying. For international applicants this is for MBCT teachers who meet either their country’s good practice guidelines or, within the MBCT Training Pathway, have completed foundational and intermediate training.
- Is willing to make a commitment to working with the OMC post-Summer School on widening access and working with diverse and/or vulnerable populations. This could include communicating through OMC media/social media about the work as an exemplar of good practice in this area.
Applicants to submit:
- A one page proposal setting out how you meet criteria 1-6 above.
- A statement regarding your personal motivation to attend the Summer School.
- A written reference, from a sponsor, supervisor or other colleague experienced with your teaching.
Application Review Process
- Applications submitted by to OMC by 5 May 2017: email@example.com
- Applications reviewed by the OMC Training Lead and panel of OMC staff against criteria above.
- Applicants will be informed by 19 May 2017.
Terms and Conditions
The bursary will cover the Summer School fee in full. Applicants will be responsible for their own accommodation and travel costs. Lunch is provided as part of the Summer School, but no other meals. Applicants may apply, even if they have already paid for a place on the Summer School.
“It was a very well organized and fruitful summer school for me. I feel very grateful for being given the opportunity to be a part of it through your bursary.”
Summer School 2016 bursary holder
Download this information as a pdf: BursaryScheme2017
Read about the experiences of bursary holders at the Summer School 2016.